(converted static page to event)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
'''Call for Papers VoidCon 2011'''
'''Call for Papers VoidCon 2011'''
Latest revision as of 12:23, 26 August 2013
| From 2011/03/12 01:30:00 PM |
to 2011/03/12 11:59:59 PM
Call for Papers VoidCon 2011
Antwerp, Belgium -- This is a call for papers and participation for the first VoidCon conference, a one-day Hacking, Security and creative Conference, full of interesting presentations and workshops.
VoidCon is an open-minded gathering of people discussing creative projects, computer security, privacy, and information technology in general. The conference tries to create bridges between the various actors active in the computer world, included but not limited to hackers, security professionals, creative communities, non-profit organizations, students, geeks,.....
The conference will be held in Deurne, near Antwerp (16 July 2011), Check the website for traveling information.
- Topics of interest include, but are not limited to :
- Electronic/Digital Privacy
- Wireless Networking and mesh networking
- Bio Engineering and product Engineering
- Information Systems and/or Digital Information Storage
- Web Application development and Web Services in general
- Hardware hacking, embedded systems and other electronic devices
- Mobile devices Symbian, Iphone, P2K and bluetooth technologies
- Open source Software and Opensource Communities
- Software Engineering
- Security in Information Retrieval
- Forensics and Anti-Forensics
- Social Engineering
- Virtualisation and Cloud Security
The following dates are important if you want to participate in the CfP
- Abstract submission: no later than 10th of June 2011
- Notification date: end of June 2011
- Full paper/presentation submission: no later than 15th of June 2011
Submissions can be send to email@example.com
Submission Guideline (for standard paper track)
Authors are encouraged to submit a paper in English or presentation slides, using a non-proprietary and open electronic format.
Abstract is up to 500 words. Submissions must be sent via firstname.lastname@example.org You can contact us if any errors or issues occur.
The program committee will review all papers and the author of each paper will be notified of the result, by electronic means.
The more details you provide, the more chance you have to get your talk approved!
Submissions should also include the following:
- 1. Presenter, and geographical location (country of origin/passport) and contact info.
- 2. Brief biography, list of publications or papers.
- 3. Any significant presentation and/or educational experience/background.
- 4. Reason why this material is innovative or significant to the hackerspace/creative audience
- 5. Optionally, any samples of prepared material or outlines ready.
- 6. Information about if yes or no the submission has already been presented and where.
- 7. Estimated time you need for the talk. (Max 45 minutes)
The information will be used only for the sole purpose of the VoidCon conference including the information on the public website.
We do not accept product or vendor related pitches. If your presentation involves an advertisement for a new product or service your company is offering, please do not submit. VoidCon presentations should be focused on topics that are of interest to the hackerspace and creative community who are paying attention to current trends and issues. We want VoidCon to be educational and entertaining to the attendees and the community.
Additional Speakers Info
VoidCon is a non-profit oriented event by and for the hacking, creative and open-source community. Speakers are not paid. But you will get free access to the conference and afterparty. Additionally, speakers get a bottle of premium quality Belgium beer for giving a talk.
Lectures should not exceed 45 minutes plus up to 10 minutes for questions and answers. The spoken language of a lecture will be English.
Publication and Rights
Authors keep the full rights on their publication/papers but give an right to redistribute their papers for the VoidCon conference and its related electronic/paper publication under a CC-BY-NC-be license.
Sponsoring and Donations
If you want to support the initiative, please contact us by writing an e-mail to email@example.com
Lightning Sessions and Workshops
During the conference, several spaces will be made available for lightning talks and workshops.
A lightning talk is a very short presentation of about 4 minutes to present an idea, a concept, a program or a cool website. About 12 persons can present during one hour.
Every VoidCon attendee is very welcome to participate to submit small ideas, presentations or workshops. The acceptance process is on a first come basis and open to anyone willing to take an active role during the conference.
The following resources are available to stay up to speed with the event:
- VoidCon website: http://we.voidwarranties.be/index.php/Voidcon
- VoidCon on Twitter : http://twitter.com/voidcon11
Back to VoidCon2011